If you’re looking to make some improvements to your smile, you’ll want to visit a skilled cosmetic dentist. A cosmetic dental procedure is any treatment that improves the positive appearance of a patient’s smile, including teeth, gums or bite alignment. While cosmetic dentistry doesn’t always improve how your teeth function, it will improve the way they look and the way your smile appears to others.
Cosmetic dental therapies are extremely popular and widely used. Many are virtually risk-free. You may turn to a cosmetic dentist to correct one or more of the following:
- Discolored teeth can be corrected by teeth whitening or dental veneers. Veneers are thin shells of composite resin or porcelain material that are adhered directly to your natural tooth’s surface.
- Missing or severely gapped teeth can be replaced with dental bridges or dental implants.
- Chipped or cracked teeth can be corrected by bonding, using dental composite material formed carefully into a pleasing shape and hardened and polished. Veneers can also correct this issue.
- A gummy smile can be corrected with a gingivectomy, or the removal of gum tissue through a gum lift, giving the illusion of longer natural teeth.
- Dark or blotchy gum tissue can be corrected with gum depigmentation.
- Restorative work necessary to complete root canal therapy may include a dental crown designed to protect your natural tooth.
- A misshapen tooth can be corrected with enameloplasty, or the removal of tooth structure to reshape a tooth to be more attractive. It can correct small chips or can alter the length of an over-long tooth.
If you have any of these concerns regarding your smile, talk to cosmetic dentist Dr. Thanos in Weston, FL today. You can make a plan together to meet your smile goals so that you can have the even, bright smile you’ve always desired.
If you need a dentist in Weston, contact us today